Monday, April 25, 2011

Bent Objects by Terry Border

Terry Border is an arteest which is an artist who doesn't take anybody or anything seriously, not even themselves and uses humor in their art.


"Basically, I get ideas for photographs when everyday objects remind me of something else. Then I try to think about how I can show others the connection I made. The next step - I try really hard to take it one step further - add humor, emotion of some kind, maybe an 'aha' moment. For example, with Mail Order Bride, I came up with the characters, but the little chair against the door really makes that shot for most people.

"Then again, sometimes an idea just pops into my head. That makes me happy."



Border uses everyday objects and makes them come alive, he finds their secret lives and displays them for the world to see. He uses wires to create the limbs of objects for them to be more human-like and then puts them in a hilarious situation.









I think the objects Border uses and the situation he places them in is very thoughtful. The object and the situation it is in is also related to society and represents different type of people. For example,


Link to Terry Border's blog: http://bentobjects.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment