Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lipstick Art



Paige Thompson, an artist that I found on Deviant Art loves doing crazy innovative stuff through photography. Her most well known series, Animal-ipstick, is an ongoing collection of different animals painted on her lips.
http://viridis-somnio.deviantart.com/

I love her Animal-ipstick series because it is very original and unique. Using one's lips as a medium is very interesting and creative. Originally, lipstick is a cosmetic product for women to make themselves more attractive. But Paige Thompson used lipstick to create images of different animals, giving the lips characteristics. Although, this only works if only the lips are shown and not the rest of the face.

As I look at these Animal-ipstick photos, I am mesmerized by the animals and forgetting that these are painted on lips. My favourite photo of her Animal-ipstick series is Bidoof (A beaver Pokemon). I love how Paige Thompson showed her two front teeth and only painted on the top lip because it portrays Bidoof's appearance very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment