Monday, March 21, 2011

The New Youtube Sensation

Rebecca Black is a new 13-year-old teen pop singer has debuted through her song "Friday". Surprising, her video "Friday" currently has over 40 million views. Although Rebecca's video has over 40 million views, many people view it not because they think its great, but actually for the opposite reason. There are many hateful comments about her and the song itself. Despite all the hate, Rebecca earned over $1,4 millions dollars from the views on Youtube and downloads on iTunes.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/57493318.html
Her Video can be found on Youtube.

When I first heard this song, I thought that the lyrics were horrible. The lyrics were so simplistic that it sounded stupid to me. Even though I thought that "Friday" was a stupid song that was sung by a 13-year-old who wanted to be popular, the song will not leave my head. Sometimes I even unintentionally sing or hum it, and is told by the people around me to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment